- This event has passed.
Board of Zoning Appeals
October 6, 2020 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
BOARD OF ZONING APPEALS NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
The Coventry Township Board of Zoning Appeals, 68 Portage Lakes Drive, Akron, Ohio, 44319, will hold a Public Hearing on Tuesday October 6, 2020 at 6:00 PM VIA ZOOM, a web-based video teleconferencing provider, to consider the following requests:
- 2020-20 Helen Scott Custom Builders 165 5th St. SE Barberton, OH 44203; Requesting a parking lot variance to pave the entire parking lot to the street for a building to be constructed in a B-2 zoning district at 3140 N Bender Ave, Akron, OH 44319. The proposed building was granted a use variance in 2019. The proposed parking lot plan has been revised from the original plan. Variances are required for entrance width, number of entrances, distance in between entrances and required landscape buffer. (18.01 I,J)
- 2020-21 Anthony Hillrich 778 Point Dr. Akron, OH 44319; Requesting a sideline setback variance of 10.5 from the permitted 15 feet to build 4.5 feet from the property line for a three-season residential addition. Also requesting a sideline setback variance of 13 feet to add an extension to an existing deck 2 feet from the neighboring property line for a property in a R-1 District located at 778 Point Dr. (6.03C) This request was tabled in July and denied in August. The applicant has revised his site plan.
- 2020-22 DLZ, Inc., Representing County of Summit Department of Sanitary Sewer Services 1180 S Main St. Suite #201 Akron, OH 44301; Requesting a riparian setback variance to construct a 12’x12’ pump house for sanitary sewer services in a R-1 residential zoning district on Woodley BLVD Akron, OH 44319 (access road is at the corner of Woodley BLVD and S Plaza Dr.) (Article 27, 27.09)
- 2020-23 Mike & Tina Nemeth, 677 State Mill Rd. Akron, OH 44319; Requesting front, side and rear setback variances for a proposed 36’x25’, 3-story residential addition. The addition to the dwelling will be accessible via a 33’x4’ enclosed walkway. If this is considered a residential addition, the required variances would be: Rear setback variance of 9 feet from the required 25 feet to build 16 feet from the property line, a sideline setback variance of 3 feet from the required 8 feet to build 5 feet from the property line and a front setback variance of 19 feet from the required 30 feet to build 11 feet from the property line for a property located at 677 State Mill Rd. in a R-3 residential zoning district. (8.03B, C and E). Additional variances would be needed for this parcel if the proposal is considered a second residential housing unit.
- 2020-24 Frank Hill, 3308 Waterside Dr. Akron, OH 44319; Requesting a front setback variance of 20 feet from the required 20 feet to locate on the right-of-way and a sideline setback variance of 9 feet from the required 10 feet for a 1 foot setback to build a side loading, attached garage for a property at 3308 Waterside Dr., Akron, OH 44319 located in a R-2 residential zoning district. (7.03B, C) This case was tabled from August 2018 pending an elevation view.
- 2020-25 Ray Jordan, 1943 W Turkeyfoot Lake Rd., Barberton, OH 44203; Requesting a minimum width at building line variance of 13 feet from the required 100 feet for a proposed new dwelling unit on a parcel that is a proposed 87 feet wide at building line for a property located at 1943 W Turkeyfoot Lake Rd in a R-1 residential zoning district. The applicant is in the process of a lot split at parcel#1909001. (6.03G)
- 2020-26 Jody Pitts, 253 Oak Grove Dr., Akron, OH 44319; Requesting front and sideline setback variances of 40 feet from the permitted 60 feet (corner lot) to build 20 feet from the property line and a rear setback variance of 25 feet from the permitted 45 feet to build 20 feet from the property line to construct a new, 36’x52’, 1872 sq/ft home located on a corner lot at parcel#1910523 at the intersection of Carr Dr. and Aqua Blvd. located in a R-1 residential zoning district. The parcel is in the process of replatting. (6.03A, D and E).
- 2020-27 Steve Warner, 3700 Portage Point BLVD., Akron, OH 44319; Requesting a rear setback variance of 22 feet from the permitted 45 feet to build 23 feet from the property line for a residential addition at a property in a R-1 residential zoning district located at 3700 Portage Point BLVD., Akron, OH 44319. (6.03D).
- 2020-28 Bruce Fisher, 3096 Littledale Rd., Akron, OH 44319; Requesting a sideline setback variance of 14 feet from the required 15 feet to build 1 foot from the property line. Also requesting a garage floor space variance of 352 square feet from the permitted 968 square feet to construct a 20’x40’, 800 sq/ft pole building for a property in a R-1 residential zoning district located at 3096 Littledale Rd. Akron, OH 44319. (6.03C, 6.03I).
The full text and drawings of the proposed variance requests are available for public viewing in the Township Zoning Office, from 8:00 to 12:00, Monday, Wednesday and Friday, at 68 Portage Lakes Drive, Akron, Ohio 44319. Due to the COVID19 pandemic, please call in advance to schedule an appointment. You must contact the Coventry Township Zoning Office at 330-644-0785 Ext. 695 or [email protected] to make other arrangements to view the plans or submit written statements before the hearing. The public is invited to attend this meeting online and voice comments they may have.
Due to constraints caused by the COVID19 pandemic, the meeting will be held via ZOOM, please use the link below:
Join Zoom Meeting – October 6, 2020 at 6 p.m.
Meeting ID: 829 6454 0654
One tap mobile
+13126266799,,82964540654#,,,,,,0#,,638060# US (Chicago)
+19292056099,,82964540654#,,,,,,0#,,638060# US (New York)
Dial by your location
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
Meeting ID: 829 6454 0654
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/keme7eOd73