Coventry Local Schools
Housing & Property Assistance
METRO Regional Transit Authority - Public Transportation
Mosquito Control Program
Ohio Department of Natural Resources
Ohio Division of Wildlife
Ohio & Erie Canalway
Portage Lakes Advisory Council (PLAC)
Portage Lakes State Park
Portage Lakes - Save Our Swans Information
Public Utilities Commission of Ohio - Apples to Apples
ReWorks (Recycling Info)
Save Energy - Ohio
State of Ohio
Summit County Emergency Notification System (Reverse Alert)
Summit County Electric Aggregation
Summit County Events Calendar
Summit County Health Department
Summit County Natural Gas Aggregation
Summit Soil & Water Conservation District
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader in order to view, save, and print copies of some of the links throughout this site.
click here for a free copy of Acrobat Reader.
The Coventry Township website has been created to help you easily find important Township information, learn about our history and discover how we work hard to bring you the best public services possible.
Our website is updated frequently. Visit us often to stay up to date on current and upcoming events.
JOB POSTING - ROAD MAINTENANCE DEPARTMENT
PART-TIME ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Coventry Township is seeking a part-time administrative assistant for the road-maintenance department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work independently under direction of the Road Superintendent.
- Assist with scheduling of work and day to day operations.
- Attend meetings and take notes at direction of Road Superintendent.
- Maintain verbal and written correspondence with the public.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, meeting sites, and appointments for staff as needed.
- Establish and maintain electronic and paper filing system in all areas to include work orders, personnel, training, public correspondence, etc.
- Keep office clean and orderly.
- Order and maintain supplies and inventory.
- Flag traffic as needed at work locations.
- Be available to screen calls and communicate issues to road department personnel during harsh weather events outside of ordinary work hours.
- Perform other duties as directed.
- Serve the residents of Coventry Township and represent the Township in a positive and professional manner at all times.
Knowledge, Skills :
- Typing skills of 50 words per minute.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Occasionally move and lift up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in similar function.
- Successfully complete background check, physical and drug screen.
The position will be posted until filled.
Please complete the Township Employment Application Form along with your letter of interest to:
Coventry Township Administration Office
Attn: Administrator, Anna Sawhill
68 Portage Lakes Dr.
Akron, Ohio 44319
Be prepared when an emergency arises in our community - Register for alerts to be sent to any phone or email.
Follow this link for more information and to register: reversealert.net
© 2017 Coventry Township